Semaglutide for Weight Loss
Vital IV Infusions Offers Semaglutide for Weight Loss Treatment in Chatham, NJ
If you live in the Chatham, NJ, area and are looking for an alternative treatment for your weight loss journey, Vital IV can help. Contact us today and schedule your consultation.
What is Semaglutide and how does it help with Weight Loss?
How does Semaglutide work?
Semaglutide is a medication that replicates the sensation of being full, leading to a decrease in calorie intake. By reducing glucagon secretion in a glucose-dependent manner, Semaglutide also slows down the rate at which the stomach empties. This delay in gastric emptying can have several beneficial effects, such as reducing appetite, enhancing control over eating habits, and minimizing food cravings.
At Vital IV Infusions, we offer a variety of options for weight loss treatment in Chatham, NJ.
Are you a candidate for Semaglutide?
There are two qualifications for Semaglutide:
- A BMI over 30 and no weight-related complications
- A BMI over 27 with weight-related complications
Why is the weight loss goal 10%? What if I want to lose more weight?
Research has demonstrated that a 10% reduction in body weight can have substantial benefits for cardiovascular health, such as lowering high blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and reducing the risk of developing diabetes. Furthermore, a 10% weight loss has been proven to alleviate symptoms associated with depression, arthritis, and sleep apnea while enhancing overall quality of life. Importantly, studies indicate that losing 10% of one’s body weight is both realistic and attainable for most individuals taking into account biological factors along with genetic predispositions and environmental influences.
What will my food goals be?
- Creating a sustainable and adaptable approach to nutrition
- Reducing intake of fast-digesting carbs
- Making healthier choices by incorporating protein, fiber, and healthy fats into your diet without restricting or counting calories
Can I take additional weight loss medication, in addition to GLP-1s?
Is the medication safe?
Does Semaglutide have side effects?
- Getting the Inside Dope on Ketamine’s Mysterious Ability to Rapidly Relieve Depression – Scientific American (March 2018)
- Intravenous Ketamine for Adolescents with Treatment-Resistant Depression: An Open-Label Study – Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology (July 2018)
- Ketamine for Rapid Reduction of Suicidal Thoughts in Major Depression – American Journal of Psychiatry (Dec 2017)
- World-First Ketamine Trial Shows Promise For Geriatric Depression – American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry (July 2017)
- FDA Data Support Ketamine as Depression Therapy – MedPage Today (May 2017)
- How Ketamine Infusion Will Transform the Way Depression is Treated – The Doctor Weighs In (July 2017)
- Club Drug Ketamine Gains Traction As A Treatment For Depression – NPR.org (Sept 2015)
- Ketamine may be quick, effective treatment for untreatable depression – CBS News (May 2013)
- The Role of Ketamine in Treatment-Resistant Depression: A Systematic Review – National Center for Biotechnology Information (Sept 2014)